We all pick up a few easy links as we wander around the web. SEOs can’t visit a single website without briefly thinking, “where can I get a link on here?” It’s a mindset that you can’t turn off.
The following list is a few places where different SEOs have nabbed quick links. Some easy links to help you get a new site indexed or to diversify your link portfolio.
- Slideshare.net – upload presentations, add a link to your profile (dofollow)
- Google+ Profile – Links in “Other Profiles” section are dofollowed, so this is a nobrainer – a dofollow link from Google.com!
- Flickr – you can get a link in your profile under the Website field.
- About.me – Do follow link with your choice of anchor text.
- Squidoo – Do Follow and choice of anchor text in the Lensmaster profile as well as in any Squidoo Lens you create.
- Last.fm – Sign up, add a link in your profile.
- AboutUs.org – Write a bio for your client’s site, and make it detailed. Once it is, email firstname.lastname@example.org to make the links followed. Add as many as you’d like on the page.
- TED.com – Sign up, add a link in your profile.
- My.Opera.com – Sign up, add a link in your profile.
Anthony D. Nelson (me) – Northside SEO
- Ebay – Go to the Community section and edit your profile in HTML. Add in a few anchor text links.
- Klout – Put your full URL in your Twitter bio then sign up for an account at Klout. Have Klout use your Twitter bio.
All of the sites listed here are solid domains. They aren’t going to give you a major boost, but they also won’t send poor quality signals to the search engines.
Have you gotten links from any of these sites before? Do you have a favorite easy link that you’d like to add? Drop a comment if you have time.
Update: Sites added by commenters or late email additions
- Stickam – Followed RSS feed links on profile!
- istockphoto.com – Allows users to post blogs or updates which don’t filter links. A couple tweets and those pages are indexed. These post DO show up on site, so spam will get reported.
- Brands of the World – Upload your company’s vector logo and get a link to your site.
- LookupPage – Sign up and choose “I’d like a business page.” Create profile. Followed link to your business or organizations website.
- SmartViper – Simply enter your website URL and click the “Check Website” button (you may have to fill out a Captcha form). Site will be analyzed. Once done you have a unique URL along with a “followed” link.
- WooRank – Type in your URL and click the “Website Review” button. Viola! Same as above.
- Yudu Free – Register an account. When filling in the profile you can enter in your business or organizations URL along with a blog URL, if that site has one.